Playing hide & seek behind the tv!

Playing hide & seek behind the tv!

Friday 5 November 2010

Love Bubble

It's been ages since I last wrote. I have been caught up in a whirlwind of baby clothes, nappies and sleepless nights. It has been one of the most stressful, exhausting and emotional times of my life - yet it has also been the most incredible time. My beautiful boys are now four months old and I am totally and utterly in love with them.

The first time I felt love like this was when Kaya was born. My tiny little pink bundle instantly taught me what love was really about the moment he was placed in my arms. I looked into those beautiful grey eyes of his and realised what life was all about. I knew, right there in that hospital room that I would do anything for him. Give up my life for him. Kill for him. I remember saying to my mum shortly after he was born, "I don't think I should have anymore children, it just wouldn't be fair on the next one. How could I love anyone ever again the same way I love him - I just don't have any room left in my heart". My mum laughed at me and told me not to be silly and that you will love all your children the same. I didn't believe her.

When Kaan & Kerem exploded into my life I realised how wrong I was. Not only was I fortunate enough to be able to have another child, but God sent me two to test out my prior theory! Mums are always right - not only do I love them as much as I love Kaya, my love for all my children is equal. I feel so lucky to have three beautiful, healthy boys. And the twins make me feel very very special. It is such an honour to be a "twin mum".

I was going to write all about my sleepless nights and the several occasions we had to dash to doctors and hospital as the boys developed bronchilitis but to be honest with you, I'm in such a love bubble over the twins, that the bad has already been erased from my mind. Sleepless nights?? Who needs sleep when I have the most adorable babies to sit and watch all night! Long, agonising wait in A&E?? A distant memory! Getting pee'd on several times a day - it's only a bit of rose water from my precious flowers! The boys are worth all the tiredness, stress and pain I may go through. Double Trouble? No. Double the love?? Hell Yeah!! Must dash now, my lil angels are awake and waiting for mummy milk....

1 comment:

  1. I am a 27 year old mother of a 2 year old son and just found out we are expecting twins! Your blog has been wonderful to read but this post in particular made my eyes well up with tears! My twins are also sharing the same sac so im pleased to see your boys were born healthy and all is well with them!

    ReplyDelete